Monday, July 23, 2012

Twinner Brace Faces

I left the house with a small posse of kids this morning at 11am and didn't get home till 4:30pm. Then I crated dinner up for another family that just lost their husband and father--and didn't get home till 8pm. It's been one of those CrAzY days!!
We started by getting Ashley 7 yards of fabric to work with on a value project for her Young Women's medallion. She's going to make all the girls a personal progress holder. I think it's very ambitious, considering she's never sewn a thing before! But it looks simple enough to have a go at. We got the idea from http://chocolateonmycranium.blogspot.com.
The colors are great. The intention is great. We'll just see how it goes over the next couple of days. She might change her mind about this type of project...or I might lose my patience van guarding her. Time will tell. For her other project, she started her own blog. I'm sure she'll outline all the details from this project there...so it should make for great fun to compare notes and see the different perspectives on the whole event.
After the fabric store, we were on to a pre-determined meeting spot to meet the buyers of Cameron's first craigslist deal. Cameron decided he needed to earn some more money to get his business plans off the ground. He racked his brain as what to sell and what to buy to get the show on the road. He decided to sell his I-Pod on craigslist so that he can earn enough money to buy a new lawnmower versus an old junky used mower. So he got his accessories together and laid everything out and took a picture of what he was selling and then listed them online. (Amazing that he did it all by himself!!) He had several e-mails from interested parties, and all but one, tried to get him to lower his asking price. He pursued that buyer. They scheduled a meeting place here in the valley for this afternoon. We waited for over half an hour with them being a no-show. We couldn't stay as we had more important matters to take care of--namely his appointment with the orthodontist. Then on the way...he got a call from them explaining they were running late. He rescheduled another location and time. It happened to concur at the same time as his meeting with his new metal accessories! So he left me to handle the I-Pod transaction while he attended to his teeth.
He now has a full set of braces, with red and orange brackets, for the next two years. They match the set that is on his twin brother! [We thought Jessica was getting hers on today as well...but I misunderstood the treatment plan and time frame. She had a W-arch put in that will spread her upper palette for the next year, and then she'll go into phase 1 of partial braces]. Yea! It seems like we are on a first name basis with the orthodontist now. We should exchange Christmas cards with him or something, because I've seen him more in the last 8 years than many of my very best friends!
It turns out that the buyers showed up at our second rendezvous location and Cameron's I-Pod went to their little guy that has been saving his lawn mowing monies! How ironic. It turns out that we know them in a round about way. They looked at our house when it was for sale and didn't pursue it because it was already under contract. I laughed and told her so much for that deal. They ended up building out by another house we looked at in Colbert. What a small world. Her boy is very pleased with the I-Pod and the obvious care that Cameron had for it. Cameron is now looking at new Husqevarna mowers at Country Homes. Gotta give him props for all his motivation and determination to follow through with his plans. **He's savvy enough to want a "warranty". The kid has been doing his research!
So for now, we'll take care of paying for the teeth...and he can take care of paying for all the expensive hobbies he wants to pursue--with what he earns with his very own lawnmower!

No comments:

Post a Comment