Yesterday we had a day of thundering and storms. The temperatures were in the high 50s and very refreshing after a couple of hot days. Things have been kind of quiet and peaceful since the bulb to the TV burned out in the morning. And it might be a while till it's replaced because I'm kind of liking the quietness!)
It got to be lunchtime and Nathan and Cameron said they wanted to make something really good. I was all for macaroni and cheese with some hot dogs. Nathan took charge and wanted to direct the show. He decided that everyone loved his Chicken Parmesan before and that it was worthy of a repeat. So he went to work. We love the chicken tenders from Costco. In about 25 minutes the chicken is done and ready for sauce and mozzarella. It gave the boys just enough time to make some spaghetti noodles for the chicken to be served on.
After it was all assembled, it was impressive to look at, and pretty tasty as well. Nathan was pretty chuffed with himself and said that he "nailed it." Cameron, more of the culinary cheerleader and juice dispenser, said that Guy Fieri would make all kinds of guttural noises and be impressed. **I tell 'ya--you're brother is your toughest critic when you're working in the kitchen! I guess that means that they did OK. I think the mac-n-cheese days are numbered. Every single plate was empty...and that said more than anything :)












.jpg)
















No comments:
Post a Comment