Friday, July 20, 2012

He's Wonderful.......

I had a lesion removed from my eyelid yesterday. I know that they said they were going to use some of those anti-memory drugs in my IV. They were right. I don't remember a thing after they asked if there was any chance I could be pregnant...hahahaha. I do remember snickering and asking if the surgeon was going to sign my eye before he started the surgery. I thought it was a pretty funny joke. Then he said he was--it's state law. OK. Not so funny. Thus his initials are above my eyebrow.
Forty-five minutes of scalpels widdling away on my eyelid happened while I thought I was on a restful walk in the park. Nice. Then I woke up and it felt like someone filled my socket with vaseline before the sandstorms began. Jeff took care of everything that evening, ordered pizza, and then went to work. Then he got out of bed early this morning to take Nathan to physical therapy. This afternoon he's running boys to scout physicals, doctors' appointments, girls to and from play dates, and so on, because I can't technically drive for a few days. I know that he's exhausted...but that's one of the reasons that he's wonderful.
Rather than throwing the towel in for a nap (which is what I might have done if I were in his shoes)--he kept on taking care of his family, over and over again. He is the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment