We were home for less than 24 hours when it was off to a district band concert for Cameron. With the delay in Minnesota, he was worried he'd miss it. But he was in luck. I asked him if he was prepared with missing practice for a couple of weeks. He was rather confident that they missed him more than he missed them.
There was a couple hundred elementary kids playing. As part of the concert, they enjoyed a great performance by the high school's jazz band. It was almost like de ja vu, though. We spent the night before we left, in April, at a district orchestra concert for Ashley.
There were 500+ students performing all at once...and that was phenomenal! I have NEVER seen an music program that is as large as this districts! The number of performers is a testimony to strong parental and teacher involvement. They see the value of music as a part of the academic experience.
The "Strolling Strings" was the best high school student performance I've heard in years of attending district functions. I can't wait for Ashley to participate in that group. She will love the opportunity to hone her ability to play and perform the viola, but also to travel and compete around the country. So much good FUN for her and the other kids yet to come!











.jpg)
















No comments:
Post a Comment