Jeff is running some of the kids to doctors' appointments on the north side today because I have my own set of appointments going on at the same time. Although, I would actually prefer to get a handful of warts burnt off my feet or my eyes dilated till they were as black as big holes--then attend my rendezvous with the squishing machine. But, alas....move on!

It's one of the two doctor's appointments I get during the year that doesn't come with a gratuitous co-pay. [Oh--there is a faint sparkle in the the silver lining of Obamacare!] I could have waited a while for this particular appointment as I am on the younger end of the mammogram spectrum, but Jeff's mom was diagnosed with breast cancer last month and the doctors were able to "nip it in the bud"--so to speak--because it was diagnosed so early on. So I scheduled my date with the squeezing machine and then made a day out of it ;)
Having your hoo-haws flattened isn't exactly good times...but I've been through worse procedures before! As my consolation prize--I took myself for a leisurely walk through Wal-Mart afterwards and felt instantly better about my breasts--and the rest of my body parts, for that matter!
Today I'm also meeting with my gynecologist for pre-dinner snacks and I think I'll share with him my appreciation for how advanced technology gives us peace of mind and incredible insight into our bodies. He may not appreciate my thoughts on medical reciprocity for the unbreasted segment of our population though, but if it saves lives.......who knows! It's all about perspective, perspective. So there!













.jpg)
















No comments:
Post a Comment