Monday, October 29, 2012

Start Saving!

Ashley and I went to a meeting at the high school tonight about the planning and preparing for a European Mosaic trip in the summer of 2014. It's under the direction of the AP European history teacher and she's taken over a 1,000 high school kids are similar trips in the past.  All I can say is--Wow.  It's really going to be quite something and I'm excited for her...but how it's all going to financially come together--well, frankly, I'm not sure yet.  But I am glad that the teacher knows the score with the economy and rather than giving the kids only 9 months to prepare, she's giving them 20 months to prepare.  Since Ashley earned half of the money she needed to go to Washington, DC this past summer, I know that she's definitely motivated again to work towards the trip to England,  France, Germany, Austria, and the Czech Republic.  It just happens to fall in the same year that her orchestra is going to Disneyland and I'm sure that the boys will be needing to go somewhere on tour as well.  I guess it's time to dig up the buried treasure out in the yard. It's there for these kind of occasions, right?  

No comments:

Post a Comment