Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Hunger Games

Well.  We don't seem to do anything in half measures in this family.  The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins has added another chink in the armor of obsessive behaviors!  Ashley went to the midnight release of the movie The Hunger Games on March 23rd.  It was preceded by a dinner party at her friend, Keely's house.  Everyone dressed up for the special occasion.  I believe that Ashley was trying to pull off the Katniss-look, complete with Mockingjay pin and braid.  She didn't get home till almost 3:30 in the morning, but was up and caught the bus for school at 7:20.  Yep.  Die-hard fan.
And everyone else seems to be catching the fever as well. Who?  Nathan. (That was a surprise for Mom).  It took him three days to read the book and he just finished it tonight.  I've never seen him read so much at one sitting.  He was laying on the couch after bedtime, because he wouldn't put the book down.  I told him on Monday that if he read the book, I would take him to see the movie at the theater on Saturday.  He slapped the cover shut at 10:30pm tonight, yelling he's finished it!  He couldn't put it down for the last two hours.  He kept giving us play by plays and saying that it was so good.
And not to be outdone by the older brother and sister, Cameron started it tonight as well.  He's duking it out with Braden for face-time.  It looks like he's going to try and make the Saturday deadline to go see the movie as well!  Nathan will be starting Catching Fire tomorrow, and he's actually quite anxious to keep going.  Not too bad for the boy who didn't really enjoy reading!  I guess it just means finding the right genre and interest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment