Our family grew yesterday with the addition of a cute little puppy. She is an 8 week-old purebred Boston Terrier that we purchased from an elderly couple in Sandpoint, Idaho. She was one of 6 living pups. [There was a seventh, but it was stillborn.]
The Christmas tree was an instant hit. She fights with some of the lower branches and likes to hide near the base. It's been more entertainment and fun than we've had in a long time without having a screen to look at.

I took Nathan with me for company on the drive and to hold the puppy on the way home. He didn't know where we were going and I only told him that we were going to pick up something I was getting Dad for Christmas. He didn't question anything until we got to Newport (60 miles or so north of here) and then he asked if we were almost there yet. The joke was on him. He about jumped out of his skin when we got there and the breeder chuckled and said "Looks like some boy is getting a dog today..." Nathan started fist-pumping the air. He didn't realize it was a puppy until we got to the back of the house where they kept the babies with their parents.
All of the puppies were adorable, but we really wanted a female--which narrowed our choice down to just two puppies. One girl slept our whole visit and so we went with the outgoing and social one :)

I'm not an expert by any means, but I think her markings are pretty good. Her coat has a great shine and she's eating puppy chow. And like all puppies, she's cutting her teeth on toys. [Look at that little tail sticking up! So funny to watch her chase that thing and get nowhere!]
She really likes the ball and pull toys that we picked up for her on the way home. I bought a pink harness and leash for her. She's definitely getting comfortable in her new home.
The Christmas tree was an instant hit. She fights with some of the lower branches and likes to hide near the base. It's been more entertainment and fun than we've had in a long time without having a screen to look at.
We named her Molly...and I'm sure that we will come up with a fashionable name to embellish her AKC papers with. Maybe something like Molly the Magnificent...or Eiberts' Molly Mae, or maybe just Miss Molly. I don't know yet. It'll come to me eventually.

She is a tiny little thing that is sure loved a LOT already. Jessica says that she is so sweet and cuddly. All the kids fight over who gets to hold her. I didn't know there was such a thing as taking "turns" holding the dog! I'm concerned that she may forget how to walk with all the holding and snuggling that she is getting.
Jeff is on graveyard this week. He got home from work at 6:30 this morning and I jumped out of bed to go check on the new baby.... I had stayed up till almost 1am with her, making sure that she didn't have a crying melt-down on her first night home. Things were very quiet until our daddy got home. Then it was playtime! She looked like a little jackrabbit bouncing around the room with her ball and toys. I think that she was lonely because she was raring to go while it was still dark out.
We're definitely going to have a Molly Jolly Christmas this year!











.jpg)
















No comments:
Post a Comment