Pinned is the new word for "hooked"!! As in, line and sinker, baby.
I've tried new menu ideas, created fun party favors and foods, and am making plans to create more order in my home because of pins and things that I've seen on pinterest.
I made an attempt at being efficient in my pinning, by differentiating my boards in similar categories. Under the topic of "food"--I have 'Amazing Foods', 'Recipes', 'Party Foods', 'Souper Saturdays', 'Breakfast', 'Freezer Meals', 'Chicken', 'Super Sandwiches', 'Crock Pot Cooking', 'Yum Yums', 'Kid's Foods', and 'Finger Foods'. That way--I can find an idea faster when I'm looking for something specific. Food has the most categories--what a surprise--but it seems to be what I find that I'm doing the most in my house at this point in life.
Sometimes you see things that just make you laugh--but don't know quite where to put it. It doesn't really justify a spot in the annuls of the journal entry, per se-you don't want to leave it on the fridge for 30 years...but it was something that tickled your funny bone. Now pinterest allows you to pin pictures of anything....so it's fabulous to save those funny sayings, odd ball cartoons, etc., etc.


I used to rip pages out of magazines and stick them in a folder so that I could have a reminder of a cool craft or decoration. The folder never seems to come out when I'm looking and doing my activities.
Now--I don't plan on a wedding anytime soon in the family. But in 5-10 years, I'm sure that I'll be throwing together some plans. What a great resource to refer back to for some beautiful and memorable wedding opportunities. All I'll have to do in show the bride to be some ideas and she can create her own boards...and hopefully, I won't get it wrong because a picture if worth a thousand words, right? Pinterest is awesome! I can dream, see what I like, plan, be inspired, think...and when somethings new comes along and I want to remember it--I know just the place to put! No more ripping up magazines for me!
Ok. It's my new addiction. I have to say that I was fairly warned that it would be awesome, but time consuming. Yep. True that!! All thanks to Pinterest. So what is it? I thought the website explained it best.
It's a personal archive of all your likes, ideas, wants, and potentials. It feeds on the people that are already doing and pinning their loves and creations. It creates order out of possibilities that may never have happened because you just "didn't know that!"
There are so many different categories of boards that you can create. You even title the boards with your own words, so that it personalizes the board to you. The types and number of boards is up to the creator, or "curator" of the board.
Pinterest is like a virtual catalog of ideas, inspirations, recipes, pictures, and temptations! Everybody can create their own "boards" that pictures from the web, blogs, personal folders, and other boards can be "pinned" to. It's the ultimate filing system for a great idea and visual of something that strikes your fancy!
I've even started boards for topics that are just for "Brilliant Ideas"...like homemade household cleaners, ideas for food storage, preschool lessons and activities, tips for do-it-yourself projects...and the list goes on. It's a virtual wealth of information all conglomerated onto one website. It's fun to see what people are doing with their family traditions, Halloween costumes, and home decor. It saves hours, if not years, of finding personal tastes and styles. It can be found in the mega amounts of boards that others have created and inspired.
I used to rip pages out of magazines and stick them in a folder so that I could have a reminder of a cool craft or decoration. The folder never seems to come out when I'm looking and doing my activities.











.jpg)
















No comments:
Post a Comment