We have a new favorite Christmas goody in our family that is not only delicious, but so EASY to make. I don't know what they are really called, but they look like homemade "Turtles" to me. They were introduced to me last year by my friend Kristine when one of her music students brought her a big bag of them. She shared a few and we made an instant connection when she explained how easy they were to make. There a certain combinations in food that just compliment each other and this is one of them. It has salty, sweet, soft, chewy, crunchy, nutty, and the "can't eat just one" factor. So you want to know how easy they are to make?
Fill a cookie sheet with pretzels. Unwrap the Rolos and place one caramel on each pretzel. Place in oven at 200 degrees for 5 minutes to soften the candy. Take out of the oven and press half a pecan down into the candy. Let set for an hour or so, or place in the fridge to harden the candy. You have a cute and yummy treat. Just to reiterate how popular these have been in my family...we've been through 3 cases of the 36ct Rolos. Yep. They looked awesome in cellophane bags tied with a lush ribbon as teacher gifts, on goody trays for the neighborhood and co-workers, and on the serving tray with other assorted festive yums at the big get-togethers. I do have to disclose that an entire tray went unaccounted for. Nobody saw or knows what happened to them. I had a Bermuda Triangle experience in my own kitchen. Hmmm...it was just easier to make more than do interrogations on 6 people late into the night, if you know what I mean. They are easy and tasty and worth the sharing...so enjoy!











.jpg)
















These look wonderful! I think pretzels and Rolos will be going on the shopping list. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete