Do you ever wonder where your children come from? Agg. I know that we are all carriers of recessive genes, possible genetic mutations, and just plain flukes. This is quite apparent in my little family. I was talking on the phone last night to a friend when I noticed that Jessica was getting into things...or so I thought. I reined the anger in and asked her what she was doing. She said she was just "helping". What she was doing was taking all the disorganized pots and pans out and then nesting them together so that they fit better in the cupboard. Wow!! I told her thank you and to run along after she was done. No taker. She insisted on organizing the junk drawer. She then moved on to the pantry and starting organizing things on the shelf. All I could do was stand back and watch in awe. I kept reassuring her that she'd done a great job and she didn't have to do anymore, but she said that she just wanted to help and loved straightening things up. Where did this child come from? Not one of the other four have been this gifted with spontaneously helping out for no reason or seeing something that they could easily improve and then doing it without being asked to. So while I still maintain that I have no favorites...it's hard not to be aware of the special traits that each child brings to the mix. Jessica has a flair for being a great help and joy to her mother. She buoys my spirits with her delight in the mundane. She makes me want to drag the camera out and take pictures of her doing her odds and ends because she is such a phenomenal piece of work...toot, toot.
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











.jpg)
















No comments:
Post a Comment