We had quite a snafu when we moved and her science class was not the same and they placed her in regular Biology. She was required to jump right in and keep up the grades having missed 7 months of instruction. Ironically, she passed the EOC with flying colors and is waiting for placement in next year's AP science selection.....but that's for another entry!
I had a scary episode in the middle of the night that required a trip to the emergency room. I woke up having bronco-spasms on the floor. My airways closed up while I was asleep and all I remember was Jeff on the floor with me telling me to breathe. My airways were swollen and spasming at irregular intervals. I only knew I wasn't going to be able to breathe when it started up again. It was scary. New town. New hospitals...and don't know where any of them are. Finally found one and was taken immediately back. A few hours later, I was on inhalers and antibiotics for Bronchitis with bronco-spasms!
But after a few days of erratic breathing patterns, we were visited with the stomach floor and/or food poisoning. To put it lightly, I've never been so sick in my life! Striders-breathing in...barf out. Well into the next week, and my sides were still aching from the weekend toss-out, I noticed that something wasn't right with my eyes. They were yellow!
Molly was my constant companion--feeling sorry for me and probably a little hungry for table scraps. Even Jeff was sick and missing work--and he never takes sick days! Then one by one, the kids got sick. We racked up over $500 in co-pays and took the new health care providers by storm. Cameron also had bronchitis with broncho-spasms and fever. He had breathing treatments because his oxygen rates with quite low...despite all his talking and activity! Nathan had a double ear infection, swollen tonsils and bronchitis. Braden had bronchitis, with orders to be tested for whooping cough. (Negative--thank goodness!) Ashley was finally starting to pull through the bronchitis...but was over 4 weeks into it. Jessica was the sickroom monitor and lone healthy child.
The pediatrician and pharmacists knew us by name after a week of appointments and follow-ups. I was leaking bilirubin in my urine and needed to find a family doctor immediately. I can honestly say that that 4 week period in my life was CRAP!!
There's nothing worse then not feeling good while others are sick. You can't really help when you're down and out too. The kids pulled through quicker then I did, but missed school for almost the entire month of May. June 4th was a special day here.....all five were out of the house for the first time in weeks!! Thank goodness for doctors, antibiotics, and doTerra oils!











.jpg)
















No comments:
Post a Comment