Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ok-Squid-ooooh!

Cameron had an appointment with the dentist on the 31st of December. Nothing like getting numb on New Year's Eve.  Our insurance is changing and the boy had to have some fillings done--pronto.  Talk about unfair.  He brushes for almost half an hour each day, digging and working his way through his second set of braces. But apparently, courtesy of DNA more than anything, he missed the deep grooves in his molars and ended up with 5 holes that needed to be fixed.  After dealing with the fall-out over Ashley's last dentist appointment (let's just say...she can't afford to go to Europe anymore), we actually felt sorry for him.





















He wanted a treat afterwards.  Sushi.  Panda.  Anything.  It all seemed to have something in common, so I took him to Hong Kong Buffet.  He was in heaven...mostly because he knew that he would have some bragging rights when he got home.

















Cameron surprised me when he came back to the table with an extra tidbit to try--squid.  Not calamari, deep fried, covered, and altered into a breaded unknown--but a whole little creature with tentacles. His was the full deal with legs, head, and body in all it's glory on oceanic display.  It looked raw, but had obviously been marinating in something.  He wanted to try something "new".  Nope.  Definitely not what I would have picked as a new item, but he was fearless, so I had to capture his experience.  His morsel was very rubbery and required a lot of chewing.  He washed it down with a root beer and some Teriyaki chicken.










[I think that subconsciously he knows that he's going to probably be living somewhere in the Orient for a couple of years...and is acquiring a taste for homeland delicacies.  Good for him.  I just thought it was nasty ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment