Monday, February 21, 2011

Breakfast in Bed?

I always cringe when the bedroom door opens before I'm ready to get out of bed. There's no school today and I was looking forward to the warm sheets till at least 8am....right? But I heard, "Mom, can I make breakfast?" I had to think this one through because I did not want to be hounded over the most important meal of the day. So I quickly ordered the reply with conditions. "Yes. But you have to clean the kitchen up after yourself." Alright. That was fine.
So Cameron went to work on Belgian waffles and sausage. He did a pretty good job of it because all the kids were sitting around the table and eating when I came out to check on him. He was in the process of mixing some more batter to make himself a waffle because there weren't any left after he brought me a perfectly cooked waffle down to the bedroom.


Dad commandeers the kitchen for breakfast on the weekends. That's when the kids get the "hot breakfast" for the week. I'm not a "morning" person by any standards, so I'm not up at the crack of dawn planning the first meal of the day. So anything without milk and a colorful box is a treat. Cameron is following in his dad's footsteps and making everyone happy on a day without schedules. He's going to make someone a happy woman someday ;)




1 comment: