I guess the cat is out of the bag...we are going to be moving soon. We listed our house in December with ReMax and things have been rocking and rolling since then. We got a call on 12/23 from our realtor's assistant that some local agents had buyers that wanted to preview our home the hour before the photographer came to take the pictures for the listing. What better time to show your home than when it's in tiptop shape--right? To my surprise, the buyers weren't the only people that showed up. They brought grandparents, siblings, kids...OK. That was a first. I felt like I was hosting a Christmas gathering for strangers. The agents were very kind and explained some of their situation and the time lines of the buyers. The said buyers are expecting a baby in April...and want a permanent address before then. So--we, who thought we would be sitting for a few months--have been on the prowl, looking at houses that would work.
We've looked at a house in Colbert several times. Because of the fabulous kindergarten schedule, Jessica always gets to house hunt with us. In between visits to the hospital, we scheduled a showing for a different house in Colbert. It was yucky. You know, the kind that had black mold growing under the sink and around the tubs--kind of yucky. We left that house with a huge VETO on the doorstep and asked our realtor if we could go back and view a house that we've been looking at since Thanksgiving. It's a little "antiquated"--ie. OLD, but in lay-out, square footage, style, property, bedrooms...it fits the bill. So now it's on to the dickering process. Yeah. You've got to love homeowners that think baby blue and mauve carpets are the bomb and should require full price, mindless of the fact, that they are probably close to two decades old.
But I think that if all works out...I should be painting, stripping wallpaper, and pulling weeds before summer gets here. It will be a great fit for the family. And I have to say, if I were a sign-seeker (and I'm not)--Jessica looked awfully cute on the porch ;)











.jpg)
















No comments:
Post a Comment