Jessica is the perfect little mother. Hours and hours have gone into perfecting the folded blanket, the cuddling position, tender caresses, and loving whispers. It makes your heart melt when you see the instinctive nurturing behavior in action. Many a doll, toy, stuffed animal, and occasional couch pillow has been held and coddled by this little mother. But what I saw today made me roar with laughter at what she was mothering!! A beautiful little zucchini boy!!
Our neighbors brought us over a ginormous zucchini this afternoon. The boys exchanged ideas about the greatest recipes for bread, muffins, and brownies that could include this luscious squash. And the amount of potential yummies will be vast, seeing that it's quite large; at least 5-6 pounds...you know, a perfect newborn weight.
So now that I've officially recognized the "baby"--it's time to enact some separation anxiety and get down to business with a grater and a few plastic storage bags. I'm sure that it's going to cost me in some way. Maybe I'll let her frost the Zucchini brownies; which, by the way, are delicious!!
RECIPE: Zucchini Brownies
2 cups grated zucchini 2 cups flour
1 cup sugar 1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda 1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup oil 2 tsp vanilla
Optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Mix together and bake in a greased 9x13 pan at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Cool; frost with a chocolate frosting of your choice. Healthy and delicious!











.jpg)
















No comments:
Post a Comment