Today was the much awaited day of the much-planned, much-fund-raised, much-talked about week of my oldest daughter's life. It started at 3:45am. Ashley got up to take a shower and finalize the packing list for her week away from home. Needless to say, fellow bed mate and sister crawled up the stairs with her. The drama began with, "Ashley, I don't want you to go!" Not so quietly, I might add, in the dark morning hours. When it was time to go, the tears and whining started. I got the first glimpse of the week ahead of me. While Ashley is tromping through the rain forest on the Olympic peninsula with 69 other 6th-graders from her school--having a multitude of great experiences and true hands-on education...I am going to be listening to the bellowing and whinging for a much-loved older sister; probably to the point of giving Jessica my own version of a "hands-on education". I'm just kidding...maybe ;)
I love the bond that that exists between my girls. The younger one is and has been a shadow to the older one since she could walk. Ashley is just as important to Jessica as her mama and daddy. Who knew? I've been waiting for the tension and animosity to start between the two, but it is really a special bond that has its' roots in a deep love for each other. So I know that while Ashley is away, Jessica will pine and whine...but it will be all over on Friday night and we will all be able to rest peacefully--Me, because all of my kids are back under the same roof. And particularly for Jessica that her best friend is back.











.jpg)
















No comments:
Post a Comment